Something a little different this time. Nothing fancy. This is a collection of 12 short inspirational thoughts. They didn’t appear in any specific devotionals but were my own personal Facebook wall posts from this past year (Just A Thought Devotionals). At any rate, I wanted to gather them together in one blog and thought I’d share them. Hope they are a blessing.
1. New beginnings often require different choices. Change doesn’t happen by coincidence.
2. The story of Joseph should remind all of us that the dreams God gives will one day be fulfilled. Tragedies may befall us, time will move forward, and tough situations may leave us feeling forgotten. But through it all and in spite of it all God remains faithful. In time the dream proved true because God was its author.
3. While praying with my son last night, he interrupted me in mid-sentence. “Dad, if God loves me, why does he let bad things happen to me?” My first reaction? I looked up to heaven and said, “You want to handle this one? We’d both like an answer right now.” But somewhere in the process of trying to explain providence to an autistic child I came to grips with my own insecurities and lack of trust. God has not abandoned me. God has not forgotten me. And though I do not understand it all right now or how it will even work out… He still has plans to give me both a hope and a future.
4. Too often we allow the distance to diminish our determination. Take heart. God is faithful. The One who brought you to this journey will give you all the necessary strength to see it through to its end.
5. No matter the situation I remain convinced that God is faithful. I do not always understand His ways (by any stretch of the imagination) but I will always continue to trust His hands. Where He leads, I will follow. He will not fail His children. Ever.
6. “No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. ~ Romans 8:37… Obstacles come to us all. But the choice is personal. Will I turn back? Or will I continue forward? In Christ I can overcome any and all obstacles.
7. There is nothing I will face today that is greater than the God who lives inside me. Doesn’t mean it won’t be tough. But it does mean that when the final bell rings I will be the one who is still standing. Thank You, Jesus!
8. Life can be full of uncertainties. But no matter the storm or situation we can be confident in Christ. He never changes.
9. “For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land,…” ~ Deut 8:7,… We read it. We hear it. We say “yes” in our minds. But in our hearts we still struggle. The length of the wilderness can wear down even the strongest faith. But feelings are powerless to change the truth of His promises. He is a good God. He causes all things to work together for good. He is going to bring you to a good place.
10. My circumstances said to give up and quit. My mind said it was impossible. My heart said it was too late. My flesh lacked the strength to go on any longer. But my God said, “Behold, I am the Lord, God of all flesh; is anything too difficult for Me?”
11. The clouds may hide the sun. The winds may blow. The rain may fall. The waters may rise. But in the end my house will stand secure. The waters will rescind. The rain will stop. The winds will cease. And the sun will return. The life that is built upon Jesus can and will survive any and all storms.
12. We cannot control what happens to us in life but we can choose our response. Sometimes the change we are so desperately seeking begins when we submit and allow God to refine and shape our character. Many times before God will fix the “mess” around us He will start with the “mess” within us. Grace will never leave you where you are.